This time next week Munchkin Panic will be on game tables all across the country. Want to get an early bird advantage over your friends? Of course you do!
We’ve put together a couple of brief videos showing you how to play Munchkin Panic so you can get a copy next Wednesday, October 8, when it releases and start playing straight away. We know you want that Treasure!
Anne-Marie, designer of Munchkin Panic, gives a great overview of how the base game works.
But wait, there’s more!
INCLUDED in each box is the More Munchkin Mini Expansion that blends even more Munchkin with your Panic! Learn how the Mini Expansion changes the rules and your objectives in this video:
Last Saturday was the official party for Castle Panic’s 5th Birthday. We’ve been planning this event for most of the year, and we were super excited that the big celebration went so well!
We started things out with our Google Hangout, where Justin sang Happy Birthday (lounge style, of course) to Castle Panic, then showed some early versions of Castle Panic, talked about the making of the game, and answered a bunch of questions about everything from game design to how he and Anne-Marie can never play Pente again. One of the highlights of the Hangout was Justin showing off pieces and line drawings from the next expansion, The Dark Titan!
If you missed the Hangout, don’t worry, you can still catch it! The entire video is now available through our YouTube channel, and you can watch it right here:
If you don’t have 2 hours to watch the whole thing, here are timestamps from the event so you can jump to the parts you’re most interested in:
0:06:45 History of Castle Panic and the first prototypes
0:29:30 Alternate rules for Castle Panic
0:36:40 Overview of The Dark Titan expansion
0:45:30 Castle Panic and Tabletop
0:50:35 The Master Slayer belt
0:54:50 Art from The Dark Titan
1:02:20 Fireside Games’ schedule of appearances for 2014
1:14:35 The Kickstarter situation
1:21:50 Justin’s favorite games
1:25:20 Giant Castle Panic
1:26:20 Game design and IP
1:28:30 Self Publishing pros and cons
1:35:55 Possible Bears! expansion
1:38:50 The Pente story
1:44:25 A fan story from the tour
1:50:10 What’s up with the unicorn?
1:54:15 Future expansions
Later that evening, we headed out to Emerald Tavern Games and Café where we setup for the event and had a blast running demos of Castle Panic, giving out free stuff, and meeting with tons of fans. As always, there was awesome cake from our friend Jarred.
Not only did we have the different flavors for different colored parts of the cake, but the tower was made of Rice Krispies and covered in party decorations like banners, balloons, a Troll piñata, and a “Pin the Tooth on the Basilisk” game. Of course the whole thing was delicious and only crumbs were left at the end of the night.
We also held a special drawing in which people who entered could win either a copy of Castle Panic, The Wizard’s Tower, or one of three signed prints of line art from The Dark Titan expansion. We had a great time with both events, and we want to thank all of our fans for your support over these last 5 years. It’s been a great ride so far, and we’ve got a lot more fun things planned for the future!
Inquiring minds want to know. What presence will Munchkin Panic have at GenCon next week? Let us count the ways…
1) Demos! We will be running two demo tables of Munchkin Panic in our booth (#443) all four days. You’ll be able to sit down and play the game. We will also have copies of the “Munchkin Panic –A Peek Under the Helmet” books we shared in a recent video for you to peruse if the tables are full when you venture by.
2) Contest! You can enter our daily contest to win one of four advance copies we will be giving away during the show. We will have a jar filled with game components and themed items. You will fill out an Entry Card with your Guess of the quantity in the jar. The closest guess to the actual number wins a copy of Munchkin Panic! The jar contents will change every day. Guesses can be entered between 10 am–2 pm each day with the winners being announced at 5 pm on Thursday through Saturday, and at 3:30 pm on Sunday. Read the Official Rules for more information.
3) Promo Piece! We will be debuting the first Munchkin Panic promo piece–Instant Gratification. Come by and pick one up for use in the game!
4) Pre-Orders! We will be taking pre-orders at the show. Every pre-order made with us will receive an Exclusive “Master Munchkin” 2.25 inch pin back button. Games will be shipped in late September/ early October to coincide with the official release on October 8.
5) Special Event! Our friends at Steve Jackson Games are again hosting the Munchkin Tavern and have kindly included Anne-Marie De Witt (designer of Munchkin Panic) and Justin De Witt (designer of Castle Panic) as the Celebrity Dinner guests on Friday night, August 15. Stop by booth #1401 on Friday, August 15, at 10 am to get a wristband for your chance to spin their prize wheel and win a seat at the table!
We hope you stop by to see us in our booth (#443) and we look forward to playing Munchkin Panic with you!
Sgt. Pepper may have taught the band to play 20 years ago, but on this day last year, Castle Panic officially hit the streets. We had been touring and promoting the game before the release, but this was the official “Big Day.” Continue reading Happy Birthday Castle Panic!
PAX was originally started as a regional gathering for Penny Arcade fans to play video games together, but it’s grown insanely huge since then. It really rivals E3 but with a more consumer oriented approach. Which basically means it’s more fun. Continue reading Pax Wrap Up (Part 2)
The Penny Arcade Expo, or PAX as the rest of the world calls it, ended last Sunday and it’s taken me this long to recover, unpack and gather enough thoughts to finally post something about it. So, how was it? In a word? Awesome. Continue reading PAX Wrap Up (Part 1)
Tomorrow, I head out to PAX Prime in my old stomping grounds of Seattle, WA. It’s going to be the first time I’ve been able to attend PAX and I’m really looking forward to taking it all in as well as showing off Castle Panic. Continue reading PAX!
With our Summer Tour winding down it was time to get down to the serious business of getting ready for Gen Con. On Wednesday, August 4th we made our way back to Indianapolis where our whole trip started and entered the Indianapolis Convention Center. Continue reading Gen Con Was Full of Awesome!
When we started our Summer Tour, my original plan was to update the blog from the road and keep everyone updated as we progressed from state to state and made all our stops. Well, between a really aggressive schedule and some very spotty internet coverage, that plan didn’t work out so well… Continue reading Summer Tour 2010 Wrap Up
Announcing the official start of our Summer Tour 2010! We’re kicking off a multi-week promotional tour of the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic states that wraps up in Indianapolis at GenCon 2010. You’re invited to come join in the fun along the way and we’ve got the dates and locations below. Continue reading Fireside Games Summer Tour 2010!
Wow, that was a lot of fun! We just got back from Columbus, Ohio and the Origins Game Fair and we had a blast. The show was huge and we met a ton of fans and made a bunch of new friends. Unfortunately, we didn’t come back with the Origins Award, but just being nominated and having such great exposure still feels like winning to us. Continue reading Origins, Origins and more Origins!